I was not able to share my weekly small pleasures for the past two weeks. I have been so caught up in family activities and events that I barely got a chance to update my weekly pleasures. However I will try to combine them and come up as one. Some of the small pleasures that I experienced in the past two weeks are-
- My in-laws visited us from overseas and will be staying with us for next couple of months. It feels great to be with family. They are enjoying their time to be surrounded by their grandchildren and vice-versa.
- We celebrated a weaning ceremony for our little daughter. This is one of the important events celebrated to mark the beginning of solid food. Close relatives and friends are invited to witness and celebrate this ceremony.
- We hosted a reception for families and close friends to celebrate our daughter’s weaning ceremony. It was lovely to see all the families and friends together. We feel blessed to have everyone around.
- My mother in law (MIL) cooked some lovely authentic Nepalese sweets and it was fun to help her and learn some new cooking.
- Amidst all these social events, came the Valentine’s day. We went out for dinner to a lovely Thai restaurant with family.
- February is the month of love and our wedding anniversary falls on this month too We just celebrated the day with my family cooking some nice food at home.
- Among various dishes I cooked the fish curry came our really well. Really glad that everybody enjoyed it.
- Evening walk is still on the cards though the frequency has reduced due to all these social activities that are going around for a while now.
- Went out for a casual dinner to an Indian restaurant. Since my MIL was fasting that day, we were planning for some vegetarian food. It’s only after we ordered our food that we realised the restaurant was vegetarian. This is the first time we have been to any vegetarian restaurant. I would call it a fate!
what are your weekly small pleasures.. would love to hear!
I came across this blog event ( Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event) a while ago. I found it quite interesting and have been thinking of sharing my weekly small pleasures too, which I have not been able to start due to one or the other reason. As we enter the brand new week of the brand new year, I think this is the perfect time to begin this journey.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart silently smile, or they even made you cry for joy.
Know more about this blog event here Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event