I had a pretty busy week with few social events. Got a chance to meet many relatives and lots of friends which was lots of fun. Few small pleasures to mention are:
- My four months old daughter started on solids. Even though she still needs to learn how to swallow properly, its gives immense pleasure to see the little one tasting her new food (making weird faces).
- Attended my niece’s bahra ceremony, one of the important ritual in the Newar community that I belong to. The ceremony is conducted for all the girls before their first mensuration and mark the girl become an adolescent. Learn more about bahra ceremony at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahra_ceremony
- Also attended the feast to celebrate the bahra ceremony of my niece. Got to enjoy authentic Newari food prepared by my cousin and aunt. I also had a great time meeting my relatives and friends.
- Took my son to his first swimming class. Initially he was reluctant and would not want to go to class but rather play on his own in the pool. I am glad it didn’t last long and I saw him enjoying rest of the session.
- Discovered a beautiful park just 30 mins walking distance away from my place. I took a new route for my evening walk and found this lovely place with lots of activities for children and adults. Coming across new things in your neighbourhood is the best part of the walk apart from the health benefit.
what are your weekly small pleasures.. would love to hear!
I came across this blog event ( Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event) a while ago. I found it quite interesting and have been thinking of sharing my weekly small pleasures too, which I have not been able to start due to one or the other reason. As we enter the brand new week of the brand new year, I think this is the perfect time to begin this journey.
This blog event is simply about remembering and sharing those small things that made you happy during the week; things that made you smile, made you laugh, made you do a happy dance, made your heart silently smile, or they even made you cry for joy.
Know more about this blog event here Weekly Small Pleasures – Blog Event